Travel Vaccinations Information
If you wish to have your vaccinations with us
- Please see the Fit for Travel website at: www.fitfortravel.scot.nhs.uk to find out which vaccinations are required.
- Book a travel appointment by visiting our Consulting Room or calling 01737 761 201 to book a travel appointment allowing at least 6 weeks prior to travel.
- Please complete our travel vaccinations form.
- Please ensure you bring sufficient payment, cash, debit card or credit card, as you will need to pay prior receiving vaccines.
Schedule of charges
(*denotes free for our registered patients)
- Hepatitis A (Avaxim) – £50* per injection for a course of two (booster required after 20 years).
- Tetanus, Diptheria Polio (Revaxis) – £30*
- Typhoid (Typhim) – £30*
- Hepatitis A & B (Twinrix) – £65*
- Hepatitis A & Typhoid (Viatim) – £55*
- Hepatitis B – £35 per injection for a course of three injections (day 0, 1 month later, and 5 months later), plus £35 for a blood test to validate protection if required. Additional charge for a booster which may be required a year later
- For those at clinical risk – free
- Occupational risk – chargeable item – employer should pay for this service
- Working abroad in a voluntary capacity – May be able to obtain their vaccinations via a specialist organisation such as:
157 Waterloo Rd
Telephone: 0207 902 9000
- Yellow Fever – £60 for one injection (fee for duplicate certificate of vaccination is £17)
- Rabies – If required you can use a private travel clinic or arrange to have this here. A private prescription is required (£14.50) for you to purchase the three vaccines from a pharmacy (approx cost from the pharmacy is £200). You will then need three 10 minute consultations with a nurse (£30 per consultation) to administer the vaccine on day 0, 7 and 28. We would ask you to bring all 3 vaccines with you to your 1st appointment so we can store them safely. Payment is required prior commencing this service ie £104.50.
- Meningitis ACWY £60 – Travellers to Saudi Arabia (the Haj and Umrah) and some parts of Africa (This vaccine is ordered in especially, if you cancel you will still be charged).
- Malaria Tablets Chloroquine, Proguanil and combination of – These are bought from the chemist and are started 1 week prior travel.
- Malarone and Doxycycline – These need a private prescription, from a nurse, for purchase from the chemist and are started 1-2 days prior travel.
- Mefloquine – This needs a private prescription, from a nurse, for purchase from the chemist and are started 2-3 weeks prior travel.
- Consultation Fee £30 per consultation for non patients
- Cancellation Fee £30 per patient for all patient for appointments not attended / cancelled at too short notice to re-book.
- Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.